Friday, November 2, 2007

A night filled with RhiinPink, 2 David's (one Hill, one Bliss), Fez, Kari, and one, ever evovling, Josh Leake.

It is now Friday and I can't believe I went out everyday this week. Tonight I might have to abandon my plans to stay in and recover! Last night might have been my favorite night out.

I met Rhi (check out her infamous blog at Rhinpink.com) for a bottle of wine (David Hill Pinot Noir-yum!) and crostini and sirloin pizza at Vino Pardiso around 5:30pm and we were off . . . . talking a million miles a minute and promising not to ever go so long without getting drunk and smoking menthols together. Let's just clarify this point: it had been TWO MONTHS! Btw- VP has a killer happy hour. 1/2 off a bottle of vino with the purchase of a snack. We found out what "speck" was. My vote was for a raisin and Rhi was like, "Huh?" It turned out to be a thin slice of meat, kind of akin to prosciutto. We ate out speck and drank our bottle and then headed out the door for some meet and greets for the Pearl District! (Yes, I am that unprofessional.)
Our first stop was Fez Studio. As were were walking over, with the obligatory Camel menthol hanging out of our lower lip (with fresh lipgloss of course!) we spied a dark figure in the shadow . . . and sure enough it was David! (David Bliss this time, co-owner of Fez Studio!) I pounced on him like a cat and the look on his face was priceless- he had been caught- SMOKING! :) Like we cared, we were too! I introduced Rhi and we all headed inside for champagne and pampering. Fez saw me and was like, "Your hair is soooo straight- it looks amazing." This is what I love about Fez, he is actually THAT sincere. And he notices all the little things that none of the shit-heads I hang around with ever notice! He is such a doll. I adore him. I wish I could wrap him up and take him with me everywhere. He's the biggest confidence booster in the world.

We ooohed and ahhed and then had to depart for Circle Studio. They are a new member and I had never met Kari before, so let me gush for a minute. SHE IS DARLING! So sweet and full of excitement. She has this beautiful new studio and if you meet her you know she's going to make it because of all her enthusiasm and personality. What a gem. She even told me nearby neighbors have come out to sign up for classes. (This please me immensely because this is the whole mission of the PDBA.) We took out shoes off, looked around, networked and then were offered a to-go plate of Saint Cupcake dot cupcakes and were off.

The last and final journey of the night was Leonardo's on Lovejoy. We met up with Josh and he bought us cannoli, more crostini, Basil Mojitos, Limencello Cosmo's and he offered me a ride home. (Ummm, actually I had to ask, but it wasn't like I had to "twist off" his arm. He'll get it.)

We dropped Rhi at her car and rode the Land Rover off into the land of happily ever after. Actually we just drove over the Broadway Bridge and into Irvington where I live. After I got home, I scarfed some of my delish cupcakes and took my drunk ass to bed. (Unfortunately after a few drunken-dial texts to unmentionable boys. Dumb me.)

I'm on my way back to Fez's right now for a "Sultry, smokey-eye make-over." Yay! I'm sure that will help reel them in tonight. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Fez said...

LOL, I loved this post! You are so so sweet! I always enjoy seeing you, and you looked ABSOLUTELY STUNNING tonight! I can't wait to get the photos and hear all about it! Thanks so much and have a wonderful (and RESTFUL) weekend!
Hugs,
Fez