Thursday, October 18, 2007

Don't be THAT woman!

Yesterday my boss and I were walking to a meeting and I made a comment about my evening activites, which consisted of babysitting a colleague's 4 year-old daughter, and my boss said,
"Oh. It's sad, really. You used to go out all the time. At least several
times a week, and now it seems like you just work late and stay in."
Wow. The statement stunned me so much I stopped dead in my tracks. I know she wasn't trying to be mean or rude because she truly is the best boss in the world, but the comment stung just the same. It's one thing to have these type of sentiments rummage around in your own brain at night, but it's quite another to actually have people notice your life is turning pathetic and point it out.

In response to that "ah-ha" moment I've decided to plan some more activities and once again get back on track to being the "Smash" that everyone knows and loves. Enough with the moppiness, enough with the Sarah McLaughlin music, enough with the dinners from Paragon eaten out of a box in front the computer in my Pearl office. Enough already!

This weekend I am not only going to gorge myself of my patheticness, but also finally finish unpacking all those nagging boxes (containing memories that I think I subconsciously prefer to keep boxed) and see the movie, "One" which Melissa recommended highly.

(I'm also cat-sitting for my sister. Which is right back in tune with my "poor-love-stung" Ash theme, but I'll make it fun and maybe peruse her Pure Romance toys and books for some "educational McLovin' advice." And I adore her cat, Ramsey. He's shy, skittish and cuddly. The only man in my life worth blogging about right now.)

No comments: