Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fun times at Teardrop Lounge

Cheers for one-year reviews (Kjersti), no more migraines (Michelle), independent cats (Sarah) and Mom's who visit for the weekend and bring you groceries and "utility" garbage cans (Ash)!


We met at Teardrop Lounge last night in the Pearl and had a fabulous time! Michelle met me at my office and then we strolled down to 10th & Everett. The weather was so beautiful, and we had a great conversation. It went like this:


Michelle: I'm so glad you weren't there yet! Now we can back over there together.

Ash: Back over there? Were you already there?

Michelle: Yah. Actually I was parking the shitty Altima right in front of the bar and then the Range Rover behind started beeping and lights flashing . . . the whole mess. The alarm was going crazy and everyone was staring at me in the bar so I didn't want to walk in and be known as the "Girl-who-drives-the-shitty-car-and-made-the-expensive-car's-alarm-go-off." So I just ducked out of the car and walked over here.

Ash: (Laughing hysterically).

Michelle: I didn't hit the car or anything! But you know how the Pearl is . . . we probably wouldn't have been served!


Once we got there (of course, we didn't even LOOK in the direction of the Altima!) we sat down at there mod and dwarf bar tables. Actually we squeezed into the blue booths. The server, a pretty girl with a lovely red tattoo down her right arm, informed us of all the specials. I tried the Last Batch Summer Sangria and M went for the Kiwi Daquiri. Her drink was definitely better than mine-tart and sweet. Yum. Then we went on a ordering spree and gorged ourselves on cold soba noodles with tobiko, truffled papas, summer shrimp rolls and hoisin chicken drummettes. And of course, we washed down the above with two more homemade cocktails. Mmmmmm. Sarah and Kjersti got there about 1/2 hour later and we had a great time chatting. I really needed that.

The co-owner, Daniel, is a really cool guy. In fact, Michelle and Sarah both have crushes on him. Ooohhh- how cute. But I am impressed that he makes his own bitters. I mean, c'mon, what bar does that?!?!?

No comments: