Sunday, April 27, 2008

I haven't even put on a bra today

As I sit down to hammer out a post (it's been almost 2 weeks!) I just realized it's 12:30pm and I still haven't put on a bra. I probably won't . . . at least not today! I adore days like these: sleeping in, eating cheesy scrambled eggs, doing laundry at a leisurely pace, vacuuming, watching Lifetime movies on TV, writing thank-you cards to Nordy's mom, listening to Sexy Can I by Ray J, spending hours talking with my sisters and mom and overall being lazy and unproductive. But then again, I deserve it. I spent the whole day yesterday being productive. Josh and I got his car washed and cleaned out, picked up Pearl's new medicine, toured the live-work spaces at The Jefferson in downtown Portland (we decided they're overpriced and not as cute as we'd hoped for), ate snacks and drank Corona's on his back porch, attended a pet-friendly lawn maintenance workshop, made dinner and redesigned my blog banner. (Look up! Isn't it Smashtastic?!?) It was actually way more fun than I had hoped. I love unexpected great days . . . and nights! Yay.

Btw- did anyone watch the draft yesterday? A year ago I would have vehemently denied the possibliity of little Miss Ash missing the draft, but my life has changed quite a bit. Long gone are the days of watching football games all weekend and drinking copious amounts of beer. My Saturday and Sundays are now occupied with "Gardening for your pet" seminars at the Oregon Humane Society. Honestly, I like it. Sometimes I feel like telling the universe, "Are people aware that I'm out here on my own? Like, I'm actually living on my own." See, the whole, being-a-responsible-adult-thing really scares me. I know I am a responsible adult, but I just don't feel like one. I think it's because I'm such a kid at heart . . . and possible because I giggle A LOT. And I still feel like (and sometimes live like) I'm 17. And I'm fickle. And I still like to take pictures of my friends and I drinking. Seriously. It's true.

On to Friday night . . . the best things to say about Friday night are: "Shorts", Echo burgers, Gresham Gutter Sluts, The Dimes, old-rockin'-out hippies, Erica MIA, Josh ditching us, Rhi's new boyfriend with the beautiful smile, etc. If you don't get it then you're definitely not in the cool kids club . . . or maybe you should just click here for the overview.

3 comments:

Rhi said...

How did I forget about SHORTS?!?

Woolly said...

"I haven't even put on a bra today" explains having a lazy day to the tee. I don't think I got out of PJ's sunday, so I can relate!

Lucas said...

Loving the new blog banner!