Friday, January 4, 2008

MANUARY Post #1- A First Thursday Evening of Possiblity

Already I'm off to a rocky start! I started with the best intentions of blogging about my "Man Hunt" every day, but boy, I did not expect it would be such a challenge, and I hardly have time for it!

However, last night, it was my monthly standing date with one of my “best flavorite” girls, Rhi in Pink. Part of my job description is that I must attend member advertised events on First Thursday to show support. Rhi has been nice enough for the past few months to accompany me on these nights, through wind, rain and (last year!) snow, and we always end the night with celebratory cigarettes and drinks, usually at LowBrow, but sometimes at other low-profile spots.

As we navigated our way through the Pearl last night, starting at Olea, stopping by Lizard Lounge (Rhi purchased the futest little brown dress . . . and it was 20% off!) and with every good intention of swinging by Lara Sydney, Augen and AIA Galleries, we landed at the LowBrow. (And of course, after the regulatory stop at Rite-Aid for menthol 100’s.)

We chatted giddily for hours and were joined by another friend, Pearled Josh (trying to keep people anonymous for the obvious reasons), and I managed to:

A. Flirt with Josh
B. Talk to a boy who was adorable and bummed our last cigarette; said he was 31,but appeared to be barely over the legal drinking age
C. Be noticed by a slightly inebriated man at the bar on the way out of the restroom who wanted to engage me in a serious discuss about why “women like me always go for the gay-looking dudes who like clothes and shit.” (C’mon, what’s wrong with clothes, they’re cute and they keep you warm. Somehow I do not think this was what he was hinting at.)


I managed to flirt and talk up a storm with both male individuals, however, neither one was on my radar, if you know what I mean! And Josh can't count in this whole "Manuary experiment" because . . . . he just can't. And . . . I have a crush. However, Rhi and I discussed the merits (or should I say non-merits) of this crush, and thankfully, being the good friend she is, she looked me directly in the eye and said, “He’s just not that into you.” Which I needed to be told. This weekend I need to put that crush to bed and discover a new one! Yay!

Actually I just made up for the last two days because I met two boys in one night. Sadly, neither warranted further contact, but so it goes in the land of singleness.

Here comes the weekend!

1 comment:

Rhi said...

That boy was 13. I swear. Who let him in the bar? And why wouldn't he show us his id?