Saturday, May 24, 2008

Crafts, cupcakes and me

I've been a good little dew and haven't spent money on things I don't need. But after not being able to sleep early this morning and perusing all sorts of crafty websites, I must admit, I'm tempted. See below:

Ivey Handcrafted ::: Ivey Handcrafted is from Chattanooga, TN and has darling felted items, like custom baby blankets, petite leaf hair clips and personalized onesies. She's basically sold-out of everything, so I'm waiting in anticipation for her to restock those brooches and barrettes. Happy days for my pocketbook, sad times for my coat and hair.

Chet and Dot ::: Chet and Dot are LOCAL! They are Portland, Oregon greols and so-so-so indescribably cute. Every new baby that comes along will be receiving either a Flannel Cupcake Zip-up or a Sleepy Bunny Plush to match the Fuzzy Bunny Booties from Rhi In Pink.

While I'm waiting for Michelle and our Bend adventure to begin, I think I'll whip up some chocolate cupcakes with white frosting. It's that kind of day. I'm very excited for Death Cab and The Decemberists, but I'm also excited to come home and "nest." I have the overwhelming urge to stay home, color-code my closet, make Smash's Famous Macaroni & Cheese, write cute letters to friends, embroider, mop my floors, organize my make-up and watch Lifetime while re-reading Mansfield Park by Jane Austen. Yipee! I just realized I have an extra day to do it all! :)

Wish me luck over those mountains! I'm happy for my fun weekend to begin! xoxo

No comments: