Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Nighttime at North 45

At the end of my dashing from Albany to Portland, I found time last night to meet up with Tarot Boy at North 45 and we noshed on Stout-infused mussels, pomme frites and Belgian beer. (Then on to vodka crans for me!) Our time was fine, but something was missing. I'm not sure what it was . . . but I could tell and I'm pretty sure he could too. Maybe it was the conversation? Or lack of goofiness that was evident on our previous date? Or simply bad lighting?!?!?!? Frankly, I don't care. It was "ok" fun and I'm happy I went but I don't think he'll call again and even if he did I probably wouldn't go out with him because I get that "friend" vibe and I don't want to travel down that road again right now.

On a brighter note, I'm very excited for summer and all things girly and fun. Like Rhi's gala this weekend and Blondie's new, self-imposed label, YSB! In honor of summer, and because I'm a Summer Baby (as The Mom has always called me), I'm making a New Summer Resolution. (And I'm also trying to be thrifty because I want to buy a house next year and can't find anything less than 300k that is remotely inhabitable.)

New Summer Resolution List
  • Saving $ by not going to more than 2 Happy Hours a week
  • Saving $ by not eating out more than 2 times a week
  • Getting healthier by talking walks in the evening
  • Saving $ by extending Maytripping Month to all Summer months (i.e. not spending $ on things I don't ABSOLUTELY need) Btw- I'm buying a new pair of sunglasses this weekend because I accidentally broke mine, but I ABSOLUTELY need a new pair.
  • Getting healthier by listening to my intuition and visiting my new Life Coach, the amazing Susan, in NW
  • Getting healthier by spending more time with my girlfriends and myself
  • Getting rid of bad relationships/habits/attitudes (dudes who don't care about me and only care what I can do for THEM, unhealthy friendships with girls who cuss me out when I can't attend their destination wedding, and so on ...)
  • Watching more movies- I just threw this one in there because I have a list of 30 movies I want to see, but probably never will

Also, I have an idea. Actually I stole a version of it from person's website! GUEST BLOGGING! But I want to do mine with a CD. Explanation: I'll make a mixed CD (soooooooooooo reminiscent of high school!), send it you, you write a review about the CD (Or just about how great and fabulous you think I am) and then I'll post it on my blog. Rhi is first, but who will be 2nd? Or 3rd? OR EVEN 4th? Whoever is in. . . email me! We'll set it up! Can't wait!!!


6 comments:

Rhi said...

Okay. We need to talk YESTERDAY. I must know what is going on. Bowling and wings it is!!

Woolly said...

I am in for the CD thing. This would be cool, and since I already sent you the songs from what I believe to be the best band ever I think this gives me a chance to hear your fav music!

Also yes, us Canadians have a hoilday on Monday. It's called Victoria Day after the Queen of England. Since Canada was once a part of The United Kingdom. We get this day to light off fireworks and drink as much beer as we possibly can. The name this holiday normally goes by is "The May two four"... kinda fitting really.

Emily Dorchak said...

oOO! that sounds FUN! i LOVE CDS! that would be soo cool! im all for it! lol.

Lucas said...

haha, the CD thing is pretty creative. Count me in :)

And also, YSB is NOT self imposed! It was imposed UPON me! It's funny, and hilarious that my coworkers come up with a nickname for be based on the fact that I'm always single. Good times....

Lucas said...

and I just read my comment over. Please take note that I referred to the YSB situation as "funny AND HILARIOUS"

concise writing at its finest, folks.

Kerri Anne said...

North 45 make me happy. One of my favorite little cozy spots in town.