Wednesday, May 7, 2008

McHottie Tarot Boy

He called.

I’m over the moon. Yes, folks, he called back for a 2nd run at Ash Unabashed. He wanted to know if I could get together tomorrow night or Friday night, but alas, I have plans with Michelle on Thursday (you simply cannot cancel an anxiously awaited Girl’s Happy Hour), and on Friday I’m off to Albany for Mother’s Day Weekend. I told him I’d be home on Sunday and we could get together then . . . (said musically with a slight lilt of flirtation in my voice and hope in my words)?!?!?!?!? He said he was going back to his parents house in Washington on Saturday and took the day off on Monday, but he'd be back on Monday night, so maybe next Tuesday? I said, "Yes." (At an alarmingly fast rate--- I hope that didn't sound desperate).

I'm so happy about this progression. I love looking forward to things. Anything really, but especially new friends and new boys. It's the absolute best to expect the unexpected and have butterflies of anticipation for days. I can't help it- I'm grinning like a fool.

This turn of events couldn't have come at a better time, because there's a little relational demise going on in another relationship . . . and how does the old adage go? . . . . "The quickest way to get over one guy is to find another!" Looks like I've found boy #2.

Is everyone ready for Mother's Day? I am . . . almost. I don't have my cards yet, but I did order an assortment of potting flowers for my mother. I'm picking them up on the way out of town and on Saturday we're going to plant them together in all the pots on her large cherrywood deck off the back of the house. After Happy Hour with Michelle tonight I'm going to get the Mother's Day cards, and I may, just maybe treat myself to a movie! Does anyone else do that? I think I've gone to see a movie by myself once . . . and I don't know why I haven't done it more. It makes more sense to see a movie alone than it does with someone else- so I don't know why I've never really done it. There's a cheesy romantic comedy that I want to see, so I thought this morning, "Why not?!!!" Wish me luck!

Also, I have a very close guy friend who came out of nowhere this past week and has been giving me the best advice of my life! He's been checking in on me. (People, I needed to be checked-in on . . . I think he started to get worried when he said, "Keep on trucking buddy, when God closes a door, he always opens a window." And I responded with, "Yah, so you have something to jump out of." Yep, my week has been a little rough.) I thought the first two phone calls were a fluke, but he called me again last night and it was amazing how reassured I felt after we hung up. Attention and affection are not his strong suits so it's pretty amazing that I've heard from him 3 times already this week. Sometimes we go for a week or longer without talking. I hope he knows how much I appreciate his support and advice. He's right .. . . he usually does know what's best for me! (Because most of the time I certainly don't!)

3 comments:

Emily Dorchak said...

ooo. i like ur blog u sound coool. ^_^

Lucas said...

New boys are always exciting. I'm in the middle of that right now as well, although moving at slightly a different rate than I'm used to, which is good :)

Let us know how Tuesday goes...

Aimee said...

What an awesome friend you have! And your comment about window jumping, you didn't happen to watch the movie Saved! recently did you? :)