Sunday, May 4, 2008

More annoyed

Today did not start well for me. I was cozily snuggled down in my bed having a dream about Reggie Bush (minus anything whatsoever having to do with Kim Kardashian), when someone knocked on my door. It woke me up and then startled me. IT'S 7:08 ON A SUNDAY MORNING PEOPLE! I was so excited about sleeping in today because yesterday morning I was awoken at 6:30am by my upstairs neighbor's children running amok. I sat up in bed and froze, listening intently for the knocking again. "Knock, knock, knock." Amazed at what I was hearing, I jumped up and and locked myself in the bathroom. (Way to take on the bad guys Ash!) Then . . . . silence. I came out of the bathroom, rounded the corner, peeked out the side of my front window and then . . . . unlocked, and cracked the door open, tea kettle in my hand so I could smack someone upside the head if needed. And guess who it was . .. . NO ONE. This perplexes me and bothers me at the same time. What knucklehead would come to my apartment at 7am, and what the hell could be so important they couldn't call first??? Since I've been hanging out with, and speaking to boys A LOT recently, I realize there are many things that make NO SENSE WHATSOEVER, so you shouldn't stand around wondering, "What the hell just happened," you should act like a dude and think, "Oh well . .. . hmmm . . . that cold pizza sounds good . . . . . I wonder if there's a hockey recap on ESPN . . . . I bet that girl I met last night with the huge boobs would have sex with me." Do you get my point?
Moving on . . .

List of action-items to get started on early today:
  1. Finish Nordy's thank you card
  2. Re-vamp budget (This is a blog post in the making---- I've actually given myself my a very strict budget to abide by this month---- not much room for even happy hours, let alone shows, dinners out, movies, new clothes and shoes and music. I can do it for one month, right!?!?!?!)
  3. Clean and scrub bathroom
  4. Clean out refrigerator (Sadly, this hasn't been done in 3 weeks. My mom would be disgusted.)
  5. Weekly sheet washing
  6. Vacuum apartment (Lug vacuum back OUT of Jeep. See post below for my pissiness about this.)
  7. Change purses. (I actually need to swap out my Winter purse collection for my Spring purse collection.)
  8. Unpack final and last box from move. (Let's just remember that I've been living here since November 2007. I think I still have delusions that if I keep that one box packed then I everything in my life actually didn't fall apart the way I thought it did 6 months ago.
  9. Pay bills. (Luckily for me, I do almost all my bills as auto-payment and all I have to do double check my online account once a month, record payment in my register and I'm set. This is extremely helpful now that U.S. postage has skyrocketed to 49cents per regular size letter. For those of you who aren't aware, this is the same price as a SKOR bar. "Hmmm, I could buy my favorite candy bar or mail my gas bill." (Yep- this is actually how my mind works.)
  10. Re-organize closet. (I've been meaning to do this for awhile now. I think I'm up to 80 pairs of shoes, most of which I haven't worn in a loooooong time, and I can hardly stuff my laundered clothes into my closet anymore, not to mention there' s never enough hangers, so it sounds like it's time for a trip to Goodwill!)

Did you see "dusting" on my list. Of course not! I hate dusting. I do break down once a month and quickly Swiffer all surface tops, but I'm sure it wouldn't be up to Zo standards.

Also, I'd like to watch a Lifetime move and bake bread today.

Apparently I must be going because it looks as if I have many things on my "to-do" list today!

1 comment:

Woolly said...

wow, you nailed that think like a guy bit... kinda scary actually