Saturday, March 29, 2008

I have a cold

I haven't posted in several days because I've been SO SICK. You would think if you're home for two entire days, feeling like shit, with a runny nose, sore throat, body aches, coughing yourself into an early aneurysm, you would have plenty of time to write in your blog. Right? Wrong! I could barely drag myself out of bed to take a shower, let alone stomach the thought of drumming up enough brain capacity to type sentences with coherence. To top it off, I had to miss a spectacular party last night with my friends Rhi, Josh, Kara, Jeremy, Amy, etc. Boo-hoo. :( And the cherry on the cake, I'm SO OVER BEING SICK! Just like an ex-boyfriend, I want to roll my eyes and tell this cold, "God, go away already."

I have two questions for you this gloomy Saturday morning. My first question lifted my spirits yesterday, but still has me racking my brain this morning.

Question #1) Do you know who sent me a fun gift at work yesterday? The card said, "Get Well Soon. Thinking of you." If you are the person who sent this "surprise" please reveal yourself so you I can give you a proper hug and kiss (after I recover from my cold, of course!) for TOTALLY making my day! I have questioned all the usual suspects, but to no avail. If you have a clue . . . I'll take it. Agent Ash is on the mend and hunting this one down!

Question #2) Does everyone know who Ingrid Michaelson is? You should. In the past 3 days I've memorized her entire Boys & Girls album. I love the simplicity and clarity of her music. She's brilliant. My top 3 personal favorites: Corner of Your Heart, Breakable & Overboard. Check it out. Good stuff.

P.S. Does anyone have any "tried and true" methods for recuperating? I think my body has built up an immunity to Alkaseltzer Cold and NyQuil.

3 comments:

Rhi said...

Zicam. And, vodka.

I do not know that album, perhaps I should copy yours?

Let me know if you need anything today!

Woolly said...

I have a great cold remedy. However it will knock you out and when you wake up you'll feel great.
1oz Nyquil (green death flavour)
1packet NeoCitrin (extra strenght)
2 benylin cold and flu pills
2oz Jack Daniels

Boil water. Add Neo Citrin, add NyQuil, add Jack Daniels. wait for water to cool to luke warm (cause you need to chug it all at once)
take 2 pills and chase with drink. ALL OF IT. tastes like shit but it works!

Lucas said...

Oh, I hope you get better soon. Being sick is the worst. I had some sort of mystery flu a couple months ago. not cool.

PS-new blog domain. www.thepiecesofme.com