Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Unabashed Week in Review

These are all the action items I either accomplished this week and/or happened. As you can see, it was a very eventful week for me!

- I finished my first non-training week at the new job. My supervisor commended me and told me I was fabulous. The Director of Marketing even wrote me an email, and I quote, "LOVE having you here." Yay me!

- One of my nearest and dearest, Heidi from Alaska, came to visit for the weekend! It was a random and impromptu visit and I was SO ECSTATIC it worked out so well. We met up on Friday night and ended up at Suki's "Karaoke Hole" by the end of the night, and I woke up with a hang-over and cold. Then on Sunday we had an early morning breakfast with Donnie and Rowan (both extremely smart and witty kids!) at Kenny & Zukes, and then I'm taking her to the airport around 5:30pm tonight. Sad, but glad we were able to catch-up- it's actually been 3 years since we've seen each other. And she had me in hysterics on Saturday night at Camellia Lounge when she was talking about how I "connect" everyone with my life. It was funny because I'm so impressed with her photo journals of travel and big changes, like backpacking through Thailand and building a new house, and feels like she can't keep up with the letters and updates I send. I guess we're both good a keeping in touch in different ways! :)

- Rhiannon and I enjoyed a breakfast at Bridges Cafe. Not only did we gab about my boy problems, her boy problems, family problems AND her 30th birthday, . . . . (we interrupt this announce to bring you a news alert)
NEWS ALERT: MARK THE DATE: Dec. 5, 6 & 7 2008. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST. AT A CHARMING HOUSE IN NESKOWIN. THE WEEKEND WILL BE COMPRISED OF A WINE & GAMES NIGHT AND A BONFIRE & BEER NIGHT. ATTN: DO NOT TRY AND STEAL THIS DATE. IT'S ALREADY IN MY BLACKBERRY AND MY BLACKBERRY IS LAW. BACK TO OUR BREAKFAST NEWS . . .

I'm prety sure we could solve most of the world's problems over some Stumptown coffee and a bacon omelettes any given day. Seriously, we're that good.

- Sent Chainsaw one of my favorite books, "My Life in Heavy Metal" by Steve Almond, and my favorite CD of 2007, The Reminder by Feist. He received the highly prized items and sent me a cute little text. However, I am wondering why I haven't heard from him. I definitely miss our late night, marathon phone conversations. I'm hoping to hear from him soon . . .

- Met my Ryan for an early morning breakfast at Mother's. Ate the best biscuits and gravy of my life. Got caught up on everything. Promised to meet for coffee at 7:30am once a month to chat, brainstorm and support.

- Habes now has Managerial duties at Delica. I'm super excited for her, but know it's kicking her ass right now. The baby knows she's in our thoughts, and Que-Syrah and I are having a "fish" dinner this Wednesday and will be calling her amid wine giggles and squash salad to offer support. WE'RE SO PROUD OF THAT BABYGREEEEEOL! YAY!

-One last item, I attended my 2nd writing workshop class and I cannot believe I didn't do this earlier. I love my instructor and I'm continually amazed at how theraputic it is! Stay tuned for more details . . .

1 comment:

Rhi said...

Did you eat two breakfasts today?!?

Also I am SURE we could solve all the world's problems with bacon and Stumptown!!