Tuesday, March 18, 2008

No flaming Irish whiskey shots for me!

I had such a fun St. Patty's day with my mom last night. I came home from work, totally exhausted, and we had a drink, changed into comfier clothes and headed out to Echo, a new restaurant in my neighborhood. When we arrived they rang a big bell and Mike, our server, was THE BEST. He's probably one of the greatest servers I've ever had the pleasure of being waited on. He seemed like an old drinking buddy I hadn't seem in awhile and he was filling us in everything that had been going on in the neighborhood and with the restaurant- like we were regulars. My favorite line was when my Mom asked if he was the owner and he said, "No, I've been here since it opened. I just pretend like I'm the owner. You know, I sit in the back and drink." Hilarious! He was a gem. I'm pretty sure I'm going back just so I can interact with him again. The Echo burger and Echo salad were pretty yummy too. And I just found out they have a HH that looks killer. WILL BE BACK TONIGHT.

I also received a call from one of my lovelies, Rhi in Pink, informing me about the state of her girlfriendness. Meaning, she's now an ex-girlfriend. She's been going through some very difficult issues and her boyfriend hasn't really been as supportive as he should have been. So- sensing his withdrawal she offered up the customary out, "I know I'm dealing with a lot of tribulations right now, if you want to take a break I understand." At which point he should have responded, "Of course not baby, we're going to get through this together, nothing can compromise our love and commitment to each other." Obviously he did not get the memo on this type of arrangement, because he responded with a mundane, "Ok, blah, blah, blah (Rhi probably quit paying attention at this point.) Seriously. Yes girls, he DID actually say that. Here poor little Rhi has lost her special Grandmother, her car now has a boo-boo, and now her jerk-boyfriend takes her up on her "break" offer. I'm totally disappointed in him. I will be creating a memo for his perusal. Obviously he needs a clue. See memo later tonight . . . .

1 comment:

Rhi said...

I had probably the best burger I have ever had at Echo. YUMMY!