Saturday, March 1, 2008

Partying the night away with the 'Portland Real Estate Industry Social' crowd

(Sidenote: Before I get into a more fun and frivolous topic, on a serious note, one of my best friends, Rhi in Pink, lost her Grandma this past week. Rhi and her G-ma were very close and this has been a difficult time for her and her family. Rhi is taking solace in the knowledge that her Grandma is now in a better place and with her Grandfather. If you have a moment, please send her your best wishes, or if you've gone through a similar experience, leave her a note on her comments section. Sometimes it helps others to hear they have comrades that have struggled through these circumstances too. No one likes to feel alone. All my love and support go to Rhi! LOVE YOU!)

On a lighter note, last night JL hosted the Portland Real Estate Industry Social, and it was MAJOR FUN! We're talking THE MAJOR here. JL looked handsome, urban and was the . . . .(what's opposite of "belle?" Bon? Boy?) . . . . ok, Boy of the Ball! He was in prime form and networking his head off! He loved it. I could tell. I KNOW him. On the other side of the coin, I socialized my pin-straightened-head-of-hair off too! JL had organized the event with great detail. He had an art installation, a great wine selection, Blue Heron beer, mood-lighting by the way of 74 votive candles scattered everywhere, passed appetizers and a fun netowrking game. No wonder the attendees didn't want to leave! :)

The night before JL and I attended a swank event at The Casey and chatted happily with our good friend, JS. I've decided JS is one of the most fun boys I've ever met, so as you can imagine, I was SO EXCITED he attended JL's party. One of the highlights of the night was chatting with him. I also spoke with HS, a casual aquaintance before last night, and PR maven of Portland. (Have decided she is THE FUN.) Her soon-to-be hubby, Ce-Zar! (must be said with zeal and depth) was there and he is quite the talker too- what a great couple. I also loved that the more tipsy Miss K got, the more promotion she undertook. She couldn't speak highly enough of JL, the catering company The Good Mule, and everyone who she could spot. Love that girl.(Ummm, did anyone else become a mini-pastry-puff-BLT-fiend? Those were like crack- I couldn't get enough. Yum!)

I also adored the part when the lights were turned on, all the "hanger-onners" were asked to leave and the last 12 of us packed it in . . . . and ran over to Paragon to continue celebrating! Yay! How cute are we! And then JS and I got into the best discussion: Who has the best rosemary french fries in Portland? PARAGON!

Seriously, loves-loved-love last night. Can't wait until the next shin-dig. Stay tuned for details . . . I'll post them soon!

No comments: